Viam was founded to open up robotics to everyone, everywhere. Since then, we’ve grown to over 40 employees, closed two rounds of funding and established relationships with a wide range of companies committed to automation. We are not slowing down anytime soon, and with massive growth ahead! As we continue to scale, we felt it was important to establish our company values.
We involved the entire company in the process, hosting several workshops that gave everyone a voice and opportunity to highlight what they see as Viam’s current and future values. Then, we took a step back, identifying several focus areas and discussing in-depth what matters to us most. In the end, we landed on six values that give us a shared sense of purpose.
Viam’s Core Values:
- We believe humans will use robots to make the world a better place.
- We enable software and hardware engineers to work together to build successful robotics solutions.
- We build trust with our users and succeed only when they succeed.
- We accomplish the greatest results when we are working together.
- We provide open feedback, timely, and with good intent.
- We value healthy and respectful discourse that furthers our mission.
- We have respect for and confidence in one another.
- We are transparent with ourselves and our users in what we do, and how we are doing it.
- We value moving forward over perfection.
- We iterate quickly towards our long term goals.
- We fail fast and learn from our mistakes.
- We take initiative to address problems when we see them.
- We enable our users to build fast and make their dreams a reality.
- We value diversity of thought in our decision-making processes.
- We believe the strongest teams are composed of people from diverse backgrounds.
- We design hardware, language, and industry agnostic tools for a diverse set of users.
- We anticipate diversity in the numerous ways humans will interact with robotics.
- We create a respectful and inclusive environment where we empower each other to be their authentic selves.
- We take initiative to bring positive results.
- We have confidence in our abilities, but are humble in our approach.
- We own our work and take responsibility for our actions.
- We lead by example, and do as we say.
- We build a platform that our users can rely on.
- We improve ourselves and our products through continuous exploration.
- We value learning over being right.
- We, and our robots, like to play!
We are looking forward to tackling what’s to come, and are thrilled to have core values that will guide us towards success!
If you are interested in being a part of Viam’s incredible journey, check out our open roles here.